Designing and Implementing a Makerspace
Makerspaces are gaining traction as an environment that challenges students to create and learn through hands-on, personalized experiences.
No matter where your future makerspace is - your classroom, library, museum or home - it will bring a wealth of benefits to all who participate.
Join us for a highly-interactive two-day workshop designed in collaboration with the Roanoke Higher Education Center. You'll learn how to plan, deploy and evaluate a makerspace and how collaborations enrich learning and extend it beyond your space.
Makerspaces have multiple educational benefits which include:
- providing the opportunity to innovate
- creating real-world applications
- learning to take failure in stride
- exposure to new opportunities (creative ways to approach learning and reach solutions)
- building critical thinking and problem-solving skills
If you've ever wanted to create a makerspace, this workshop is for you!
Contact: Program Manager Robyn Smyth, (540) 767-6096, firstname.lastname@example.org