Project management offers a lucrative skillset in today's business world. Improve your skills, prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam or make sure your team works together as efficiently as possible with our Project Management courses.
Our project management fundamentals course is an introduction and overview to the project management discipline, including the concepts, tools and techniques used in the management and leadership of all projects.
Key topics covered:
- role of the project manager
- project team selection and management
- cost, schedule and risk management
- conflict and negotiations
- quality in projects
- introduction to creating and maintaining project plans throughout the project lifecycle
This course is an in-depth program building off of the Project Management Fundamentals (highly-recommended preqrequisite) to include more hands-on exercises.
Participants will cover:
- stakeholder management
- work breakdown structure (WBS) and estimation
- project scheduling and budgeting
- network diagramming
- assigning resources
- risk registering
- contingency planning
- communication planning
- setting up project controls and evaluation/review
- earned value management
- change management and control
- developing consensus
- team development and dynamics
- closing projects and saving data for later use and analysis
- project managers as leaders
- making project management work + additional resources to guide the process
This is a hybrid of the Project Management Fundamentals and Project Management Applications course. It blends the practical application of those project management core fundamentals in a two-day overview course. The program will take an in-depth introduction to project management principles and concepts, as well as the practical tools necessary to manage and lead all projects. The second day will focus on application and hands-on exercises. All concepts and topics in Project Management Fundamentals are covered in the first day and the second day uses thoses fundamentals in a hands-on interactive session (does not go as in-depth as Project Management Applications). Leadership is not covered in this two-day overview.
This two-day course can be taught at our facility or yours. If you have questions, please contact Regional Outreach Program Manager David Conners at email@example.com or (540) 767-6145.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Preparation Course prepares participants for the Project Management Institute certification exam.This course systematically follows the path of a project through initiation, planning, execution, control and closing, encompassing all of the processes described in the PMBOK guide.
Participants will receive:
- PMBOK Guide
- 3.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from Virginia Tech
- texts, course materials, unlimited access to online modules and test bank questions
- membership to the PMP Forever program - with access to tutorials to continue learning and earning Professional Development Units (PDUs), required to maintain certification
Enrich Your Learning
With Enrichments, you can add value to existing programs with an MBTI assessment, coaching, mentoring, and/or customized content. We recommend consulting our staff to develop a customized approach for you and your organizational needs. Mention Enrichments when contacting staff about your programming.