Lean Foundations is a full-day class (9 a.m.-4:30 p.m., lunch included) led by Lean expert John Dyer.
What is Lean? Is it the same as Six Sigma, 5S, continuous improvement or operational excellence?
Dyer will guide you through the fundamental principles of Lean thinking and an overview of Lean tools and methods in order to get a more developed understanding of all that Lean has to offer you and your organization.
If you're interested in improving the systems within your organization, you need to know the ins-and-outs of Lean.
This course will examine Lean as a philosophy and a system. It will help you identify the benefits and challenges of creating a continuous improvement culture. You will explore the ways to get started and leave class with the tools to establish new behaviors and capabilities. This class utilizes several hands-on training tools and simulations to enhance the learning experience. Dyer will be conducting the famous Dr. Ed Deming Red Bead Experiment.
- the definition of Lean + core concepts
- the history of Lean & its origin
- Lean principles & examples of waste
- the tools and methods of Lean improvement: 5S, Standard Work, Pull, Cells
- the qualities of a continuous improvement culture
- ways to get started on the Lean journey
- Local government
- Non-manufacturers (Lean is for you, too!)
- Small business owners
- Those looking for an introduction to Lean thinking
If you have questions, please contact David Conners, email@example.com or (540) 767-6145.